This post will discuss my newest video. I made the video in a certain way with a very artistic, and cinematic format. I wanted to not only share my creation with my viewers and respected technic builders, I wanted to share the idea within the video. The idea was that of surpassing limitations that stood in your way. I illustrated this by creating a fully functional technic trophy truck, however, one without a technic body. I then fitted it with bodywork from an rc truck. It gave it the looks of a trophy truck, without the weight. Due to this, the vehicle surpassed the limit holding it back: weight.
In order to accomplish the results I got, I needed to create plush suspension, and plenty of speed. The speead aspect was easy, pop a buggy motor in the rear axle and I’m done. However, the front suspension wasn’t giving me enough travel, or smoothness using the standard shocks. So, I pulled those shocks apart, and used the coils from them. For each side I used one soft coil, and one hard coil. This gave me good small bump sensitivity as well as a good amount of support through the shock. I was also able to receive excellent performance from these, while only bottoming them out once, which was through a sudden turn. The rear shocks was less sophisticated, however, they still provided a plush shock to eat up bumps.
The chassis of the trophy truck actually was originally designed far heavier, and slightly longer. However, this was before I decided to work with the rc bodywork. In order to fit the dimensions of the bodywork, I had to make adjustments. It lost a bit of rigidity in the rear, but the loss didn’t impact the performance in any way that I noticed.
If you liked reading through a bit about the process of creation the vehicle let me know either on the comments on this post if you’ve got an account, or let me know on the actual video. Thanks for reading, and please share if you found this interesting! 🙂